There are only two words I can use to describe the launch of Legion, “Seamless” and “Smooth”. The only noticable problem was some servers were full and therefore locked. Here is how the newest expansion introduced itself to me…..If you were somewhere else perhaps you seen something different, so this is my personal account of events.
- The clock hit 11.00 GMT, 12.00 server time.
- Doomsayers in Orgrimmar disappeared from the streets. Their tales of woe were true, who would have guessed.
- Invasions disappeared from the map.
- Khadgar offered the 3rd part of the artifact quest line.
- You notice that you start to earn xp for mob kills.
- You are transported to your new class hall. Feels like a dormitory.
- New land is free to explore.
That was it.
Thinking back a whole two days ago, it would have been good if those doomsayer guys, or their boss, whoever that may be, had popped up on the screen to give a countdown. Perhaps some fancy cut scenes to launch you into it.
Still, overall my only complaint would be that some people have reached 110, and I’m still 103…..Sigh!!